2015 Current Issue
2015 Learning Objectives
Learn More >>
- Understand what sustainable urban & community forestry is and why it is important.
- Understand of the numerous benefits of urban/community forests to society, often referred to as ecosystem services.
- Understand the costs associated with urban/community forests.
- Understand what an urban forest management plan is and why it is an essential tool.
- Describe the economic, social, and environmental benefits of urban/community trees to local communities.
- Comprehension of the effects of urban/community trees on air quality and water quality.
- Knowledge of research showing that trees contribute to our health, well-being and quality of life.
- Understanding of threats to urban/community forests such as invasive species, insect and diseases, climate change, fire, air pollution, lack of management capability and development pressures.
- Understand what a tree inventory is and what it is used for.
- Understand the components of an urban/community forest management plan.
- Basic knowledge of models and tools used to calculate the value of tree canopy functions.
2015 Study Resources